Fall 2017 Programming4Humanists Continuing Education Course
Announcing the Fall 2017 Programming4Humanists continuing education course and online webinar beginning September 1, 2017 through December 8, 2017. Pre-registration is required. Registration opens on Monday August 14, 2017.
Encoding and Analyzing Digital Editions (TEI, TEI Schemas, XSLT, Python and Gephi)
Participants should be familiar with TEI (three 1.5 hour videos introducing TEI are available at Resources for those who wish to take the course but have not learned TEI). During the semester, participants will learn:
• how to structure a digital edition for maximum usability, accessibility, and display;
• how to encode entities in TEI for network analysis and linked open data;
• how to customize a TEI Schema;
• how to use XSLT to transform TEI documents into text files, other xml files, HTML with css;
• how to use XSLT and Python for analyzing data and extracting entities for NetworkX and Gephi;
• how to use Gephi.
The course syllabus, registration, and more information are available at P4H Website